Publications and Grants
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Guran, S., 2019, "Options to feed plastic waste back into the manufacturing industry to achieve circular carbon economy" AIMS Environmental Science, 6(5): 341-355. DOI: 10.3934/environsci.2019.5.341
- Guran, S., 2019 "Integration of waste into circular carbon economy: Better carbon management for climate change mitigation and sustainable development in the case of food waste", Environments Progress & Sustainable Energy, (Draft manuscript is submitted, in peer review)
- Guran, S., 2018 "Sustainable waste-to-energy technologies-Gasification & Pyrolysis" in "Sustainable Food Waste-to-Energy Systems", Ed. T. Trabold & Callie W. Babbitt, 141-158 eBook ISBN: 9780128111581, Paperback ISBN: 9780128111574, https://www.elsevier.com/books/sustainable-food-waste-to-energy-systems/trabold/978-0-12-811157-4
- Guran, S., 2018 "Sustainable waste-to-energy technologies -Hydrothermal Liquefaction" in "Sustainable Food Waste-to-Energy Systems", Ed. T. Trabold & Callie W. Babbitt, eBook ISBN: 9780128111581, Paperback ISBN: 9780128111574 https://www.elsevier.com/books/sustainable-food-waste-to-energy-systems/trabold/978-0-12-811157-4 159-175
- Guran, S., Mersky, R,, Specca, D., Brennan-Tonetta, M., 2018 "New Approaches for Solid Waste Management to Maximize Organic Waste Reutilization" It will be a chapter in Sadhan Kumar Ghosh(Ed): WASTE VALORISATION AND RECYCLING, 978-981-13-2783-4, 461646_1_En (4).
- Guran, S., Agblevor, F., Brennan-Tonetta, M., "Biofuels, BioPower and Bio-Products from Sustainable Biomass: Coupling Energy Crops and Organic Waste with Clean Energy Technologies" in Emerging Areas in Bioengineering, 1, Ed. Ho Nam Chang, January 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/9783527803293.ch8
- Guran, S., "Thermochemical Conversion of Biomass" in "Practices and Perspectives in Sustainable Bioenergy: A Systems Thinking" ed. Madhumi Mitra, Springer, (Book Chapter, in review)
- Brennan-Tonetta, M., Guran, S., Specca, D., 2014, "Feedstock Opportunities for Bioenergy Production: Assessment of Biomass Energy Potential in New Jersey" Industrial Biotechnology. December 2014, 10(6): 404-412. doi:10.1089/ind.2014.0023.
- Brennan-Tonetta, M., Guran, S., and Specca, D., 2014, "Assessment of Biomass Energy Potential in New Jersey, 2.0." New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station Publication No. 2014-1. Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ.
EDA I6 Grant. Grant Lead Rutgers EcoComplex
10/2016 – 5/2020
Rutgers EcoIgnite: Business Incubator & Accelerator
Innovative-Green-New Ideas-to-Energy Pathway
- USDA NJ Rural Business Development Grants. Grant Lead Rutgers EcoComplex
10/1/2019 – 9/30/2020 -2019
Improving Rural Grocery Store Performance and Supporting Their Sustainability Efforts By Technical Assistance
- USDA Foundation. Grant Lead Rutgers University
Growing better quality Basil and Alfalfa sprouts using plasma activated water and plasma activated mist
- USDA BFRPD. Grant Lead Penn State University
Energy Answers for the Beginning Farmer and Rancher
For More Information
Please contact Serpil Guran at 609-499-3600, ext. 4225.