The EcoComplex team can facilitate access to landfills for innovative waste-to-energy and waste reutilization research and demonstration projects. In-house expertise is also available to provide support and guidance to projects.
For more information please contact Serpil Guran at 609-360-0106
Potential Project Locations
Burlington County Landfill
Burlington County’s landfill is located at the 500 acre Burlington County Resource Recovery Complex (BCRRC) in Florence and Mansfield Townships. It is adjacent to the Rutgers EcoComplex. Burlington County’s active landfill is designed as a Bio-Reactor Landfill. For more information about the landfill, please visit the Burlington County Department of Solid Waste.
BCRRC Operating Information:
- Landfilling started 1989
- Landfill area is 121 acres
- Permitted capacity estimated to last until 2027
- Receives approximately 300,000 tons of MSW per year from the County’s 40 municipalities
- Generating 7 megawatts of renewable energy from landfill gas
- Composting 50,000 tons per year of Biosolids at BCRRC
- 46,000 square foot Greenhouse heated with landfill gas
For more information about the landfill, please visit the Burlington County Department of Solid Waste